View Single Post
Old 08-11-22, 04:04 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2332 Post(s)
Liked 2,094 Times in 1,311 Posts
Earlier in my career, sometimes a bikefriday folding bike would go with me depending on the duration of the trip and location. Later in my career, trips were shorter and there was not sufficient time at night or morning to ride, so, I stopped taking the bike.

If your business travel is to really interesting places, you can extend the stay a bit and do some touring. Of course, the expenses for that were on me.

In terms of cost, the bike but it was a gift. There were no baggage fees then. You'd have to figure a way to get your baggage covered, it would depend on class of service, your FF status, and also what credit card you use but it can be figured out. I was taking a full sized bike to Europe several times per year and it was a pain. If I did not have a folder, I would try to rent a bike but that is not possible in some places and is very time consuming. One of my best trips was to Sydney. The Concierge would have my bike ready at 5:30 am and I would ride along the beach until 7, he would take the bike, I would shower and then eat before the car would drive me to where I was going. Europe was also great. Domestically, I'd take the bike to warmer places in Winter for sure. But a few day trip in summer? To a bad city? No, I'd just use the exercise room at the hotel
Likes For GhostRider62: