Old 09-19-22, 04:13 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
Originally Posted by blacknbluebikes
Somehow, I'm still amazed. I shouldn't be, but I am. Somebody puts a ton of hard work into creating something of value - in this case, it's software. They take it from a thought to a prototype to a working solution - which the vast majority of us could never do. They go through hoops of fire to get the app approved on this-or-that appStore. They wrestle with cybersecurity, software patching, a usually painful SDLC, someone else's operating system, networking, messaging protocols, somebody's cloud hosting costs and another one hundred hassles to get a piece of interesting, useful piece of software into a user's hands. Then the user looks and says "it should be free." Well, that's just childish. Grow up and pay for your tools, pay for the labor of others, stop looking for a handout.
tell me about it. i wrote a program that runs on windows in order to control a smart trainer and made it available via a post here way back when. a couple of requests came in for a change here or a change there and i did it. i don't recall if the changes were ever to the requester's satisfaction or even being thanked for it. i just won't do that anymore. i don't care if it ever gets used by anyone other than myself.