Old 09-20-22, 10:28 AM
SkinnyLad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Herzlos
Ah, you don't want the ability to back it up,share it, or compare with other people?
No, sorry if I wasn't clear on that! Shouldn't have used the term segment as it got immediately associated with Strava.

Originally Posted by Herzlos
I don't think you're going to find one. Most apps will have some kind of storage side, because that's what most people want.

Why does it matter at the time of the ride to see how you are faring against your past self? Why not just push as hard as you can?
I was warned before posting that there probably isn't a big enough audience for such an app to be made by a strictly profit-driven company and yet complex enough to require an experienced developer. A hobbyist biker/programmer making something for himself and then publishing it on google play is my best bet.

Maybe it's a spillover from long distance running but I've always considered 'checkpoint monitoring' of how many seconds + or - of your average to be important data to have in real time. For biking it gives me that extra push I need to go beyond how I would otherwise have performed. Just getting a phone mount for the bike immediately improved my times as I could clearly see how much wind & such was slowing me down on certain stretches.