Old 09-29-22, 03:41 PM
alexk_il

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
A lot of my less expensive bikes had what to me was an impressive amount of wobble in the freewheels. I don't think I ever had any issues as a result. I'd think it much the same for your free hub and cassette.

If it was a problem, you'd already be having the issues.

Do your due diligence and make certain the cassette is properly installed with the lock ring tightened and check the axle bearings too. If everything goes back together okay, then don't imagine issues that aren't actually issues yet. Wait for them to manifest themselves and then you'll know that much more than all our guessing here. And likely won't cost you any more to fix at that time.
My original plan was to wait and see if the issues are developing, then just service the wheel if required.

The reason for me to look for advice here is related to "permanently sealed hub". It sounds like I won't be able to service the "permanently sealed" hub, in which case I might be better off trying to fix it under the warranty. If this is an issue of course that is likely to be accepted by the seller.