Old 01-21-16, 05:52 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3163 Post(s)
Liked 1,720 Times in 1,039 Posts
Originally Posted by kbarch
He doesn't explain why he applies a monolithic finish to an otherwise visually articulated connection. I'm not saying the lugs need to be polished, or that it needs to be a two-tone bike, but such approaches to finishing make more visual sense - like this example of his:

Dipping something complicated in paint can result in a cool look, but it obliterates any suggestion of precision, thoughtfulness or skilled handiwork in the connection of the pieces and parts vaguely telegraphing their shapes through a sort of blanket.

I'm not saying it looks bad, just that it seems somewhat equivocal.
Like I said, if that junction "obliterates any suggestion of precision, thoughtfulness, or skilled handiwork" in your eyes, you simply don't know what you're looking at.

I'm fine with saying you "don't get it," and leaving it there, if that's cool with you?