Old 11-17-21, 06:56 PM
Doug64

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 435 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
another "spend the money" on nice rolling tires. I've spent a lot of time on Schwalbe Supremes, so am biased towards them due to my extremely good experience with them. Good flat protection, but also a nice flexible sidewall that gives a really nice feel to your ride, and has a fast rolling main part of tire contact patch. More comfortable and faster than "tougher, stiff sidewall tires" and I personally have gotten hooked on wider tires-for the comfort and absolutely not being slower than some narrower tires..
David,
I finally put Supremes on our bike this fall. I had been looking for a couple of pairs for about 8 months, and finally found some 32 mms in the UK. I had them on for almost 2 weeks when I ran over a tire destroyer, a broken neck of a beer bottle. I don't think any pneumatic tire would have done any better. I just got 2 more, one is a spare. Tires were in short supply for a long time. During the short time I rode them all your comments were right on. I'm looking forward to trying them with a load. My wife also said a lot of good things about them. She has had a chance to try her's out on a short tour and really likes them.

I almost cried I put a boot in it and rode home.

Last edited by Doug64; 11-17-21 at 07:04 PM.