Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by Rage
Best/worst/funniest part of this whole ordeal has been the way he passive aggressively pursued his bike fit wackiness for months before finally starting to come around lmao!
losing about 30 lb of weight makes a big different with your fit..

Originally Posted by Eric F
What way to you like to ride? So far, this has been pretty unclear. Are you trying improve performance on the road? Are you looking for something easy/relaxed? What kind of terrain do you usually ride?

IMO, 100mm will still be too short for your proportions, if you're trying to get into an athletic riding position.
I do mostly pavement, some gravel and light singletrack. Mostly gentle rolling hills and flat pavement. Some steeper stuff and long gentle hills here and there. I've had to dial down my aggressiveness on the cranks lately and my knee impingement has since went away. Most of the time I ride at around the cadence you see in the videos.

Currently, the stem is obviously way too short for me. It's comfortable and I feel relatively well balanced when maneuvering obstacles, but climbing steeper hills or accelerating hard from low speed becomes obvious how rear heavy i am this way.

obviously I am trying to achieve a better fit. imo I've achieved a pretty good balance between comfort and performance, but as I continue to lose weight and improve my cardiovascular health I am beginning to adapt a more aggressive riding position. As I sit now, If I continue to stick with the Nishiki, I guess i will have to compromise a little bit and probably stick with an 80mm stem. I know it will still be too short.

FWIW, when I first got the bike, riding the bike completely stock with a 100mm stem and drop bars, the reach felt WAY too long for me. I know its probably not far off from what would be considered normal for me. I guess I just don't have the core strength to comfortably support myself. The previous owner already slid the saddle all the way forward to compensate. It felt so stretched out.

I'm putting on an 80mm stem today.