View Single Post
Old 11-16-21, 06:08 PM
Slowride79

Bikes: 50s, 60s, 70s Nottingham/Worksop bikes, becanes, Gitane, Bertin, Lion of Sochaux

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 75 Posts
75lechamp maybe your inspired more than just me ?

verktyg congratulations on your new le champion! Does the headbadge help in dating the French racing blue like yours (plastic ?) vs teal (decal)? Any other components we can look at to help date? I know the SL 93 on this is the gen 1 without the pedal hole robustness improvements but I think Juvela said this maybe happened in ‘72. Is the French racing blue also a flamboyant/candy paint job? This one reminds me of some of the Gitane paints as it looks very fragile. Interesting that frame geometry different than later ones. I measured wheelbase at 40”
thank you for offer of digging in your stash for brakes and the link for cleaning the seat tube of burrs,etc. I am assuming everything is French threaded? You’ll have to tell us what you find on yours.
SJX426 I have seen the posts of your beautiful bike and your accident and hope you are well. I will let you know if I see a 24”. It’s interesting you mention about creaking of the stem and wear ; I noticed on this one it feels like there is slop with stem in head tube as you can wiggle it a bit back and forth before it’s tightened. More so than I have encountered in my limited experience. Can you share pics of the wear on yours you speak of? I will measure the od of my stem.
Flatforkcrown that is a beautiful bike you have . I read your threads when you were considering buying it. Glad they still make the fr-4 . I will get one , remove, clean, and keep this Atom running.