View Single Post
Old 12-16-21, 03:22 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4512 Post(s)
Liked 6,385 Times in 3,670 Posts
Originally Posted by nlerner
Well, I don't know why you're assuming that's not what's happening here! When my Silca floor pump started leaking, I replaced the gasket, sealed everything as well as I could, and eventually ordered a new pressure gauge/base as that was the source of the leak. Of course, the one they provided in 2002 wasn't even a close fit for the one I had bought in 1982, so I moved on. Did end up selling it on eBay, even non-functional, for a very good price (which is also the C&V way).
Not assuming anything here, just thinking out loud and I do know from some questions posed here that it is not always a go to strategy.

I haven't seen anything get the better of you and many others here as I also stated.

I was just making an observation and trying to encourage out of the box thinking, also realize many come here for this very thing and am glad we can help them.

And FWIW, the OP hadn't thought of Sgoo yet, so.....