Old 02-18-22, 01:29 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6163 Post(s)
Liked 4,779 Times in 3,297 Posts
Yeah, I don't know what it is that is important for warming up, if that is what we are going to call it for any type of test of performance measure. Many of the rides I had in the past pre-PM where I had a PR for some segment at the end don't seem to have any rhyme or reason for the level of effort I put out prior to that segment. Some I rode at varying efforts up to that PR and others I rode at a steady but fairly low for me effort. Usually a common factor was that I hadn't ridden in week or more.

It's only since X-mas when I gave myself a PM that I've been noting that similarly to the PR rides that I'll also show my maximum sustained powers later in the ride. Even though it might be a segment I hit hard several times during the same ride.

I did do the garmin FTP test on my Edge 530, it seemed too easy. But maybe it's because it doesn't have enough data for me yet. And certainly for me I've only done a pitiful amount of rides since X-mas so I'm glad it was easy.

If you are doing this on a trainer then I have no way to compare or comprehend that. I still only use a trainer seldom and just to keep my cadence and HR high for a hour or so. Usually with next to nothing for resistance. I don't even turn my Garmin on for them.

Last edited by Iride01; 02-18-22 at 01:32 PM.