Old 06-25-22, 05:01 PM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked 1,323 Times in 674 Posts
Originally Posted by Catnap

FOR SALE - $1000 shipped in the CONUS (pickup available in NYC)

Frame Size: 51cm seat tube (CTC), 53cm TT (CTC), 132mm rear spacing
Wheel Size & Tire Clearance: Uses 700c wheels. 45mm fork spacing (will clear up to 700c x 38 tires, possibly bigger)
Gallery of hi-res photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/202072...77720299952844
Payment: Paypal F&F preferred, open to other cash equivalents.

Description: Late 1970s / early 1980s Zunow randonneur frame and fork. In new-old-stock condition; never built up. It's made from Zunow's proprietary "Trited" tubing, with internal cable routing, the signature "Pentagla" chainstays and the iconic hummingbird logo cast into the seat stays. Shimano SFR dropouts. Frame is fully chromed under the paint. These details indicate a top-end model, possibly custom. It has a serial number on the NDS dropout marked "A37". The frame has a few nicks and scratches from storage that were there when I got it, but no dents or damage. I imported it from Japan in 2010, and it's hung on the wall since then. It's built up with a Tange headset, and MAFAC Racer direct-mount brakes (cable hangers not shown but included). Like the 3Rensho I listed last week, these are incredibly rare and typically command 2-3x the price I'm asking if and when one does come to market.

I am pretty well the last guy who has a nostalgic attachment to bicycles. Having owned top shelf bikes since the mid seventies I am indifferent about owning or riding them today. That bike however really is amazing.