View Single Post
Old 08-15-22, 09:24 AM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1819 Post(s)
Liked 1,695 Times in 976 Posts
Originally Posted by C_Myers22
Thank you! I really appreciate all of the responses.

If I were to get a new bike would it be possible to find something that I could race on for less than $1,000? Is there a thread on here that has discussed budget racing bikes?
What is your experience riding in a group?. Bicycle racing involves being a safe enough bike handler to be able to ride in close proximity to other cyclists at high speeds. It also depends on what you consider to be a race. Things like charity rides are not races. $1000 for a race level bike would mean buying second hand and you might run into some of the problems you are having with your current bike unless you become really good at assessing the mechanical condition of the bikes you are looking at as well as being able to figure out proper bike fit. My recommendation once you find a bike is that you look around and find a cycling club to join. There you can acquire the skills to ride safely in a group before you try to jump into racing. If you look at my avatar, the picture was taken during the Coupe des Ameriques which was at the time the North American championship stage race for master racers. I was on the front at the time
Likes For alcjphil: