Old 09-16-22, 09:25 AM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Yes really! You need to read my complete reply. You don't even represent what I said correctly in the way you repeat it.

I take it that the OP got the 622 x 15C from a label or stamp on the rim. So I'll stand by my assertion that it means crochet or hooked rims.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_57...h%20ISO%205775.

Now if the OP had given that from something stamped on the tire, then you and I may or may not be correct. Some very good tire manufacturers actually state the c is simply a further reference to 700C. However I really doubt that and think their document writers messed up and ask someone that didn't really know. Other tire manufacturers will state that the C after the width on the ISO stamp of their tires means that the tire should only be used on crochet or hooked type rims.

But like the years it took to convince the internet that Otto Titslinger didn't invent the bra, I'm sure this misconstrue will also take some time to sort itself out.
The 'c' is a size designator, nothing more. There were 700a, 700b, and 700d rims in the past. For whatever reason 700c survived as the 'normal' road rim size. It doesn't mean crochet or hooked bead. If that were case then maybe you could explain how there are 700c hookless rims now. Like Enve and Zipp are making. I'll be waiting.