View Single Post
Old 09-28-22, 07:48 PM
Cramic

Bikes: Giant TCR Pro Disk 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 22 Posts
Thanks for all the helpful replies. I had already checked bike shops in my area and few offered what I was looking for. My schedule means I don’t have a cycling club (can’t get out at the usual times) and ride mostly solo or with a couple of mates who are similarly useless when it comes to the basics!

Anyway, my plan had been to post on AirTasker for somebody. I used this thread to come up with a small list of things I’d like to learn and offered $100AUD ($65USD). No takers.

I appreciate its not a usual job for AirTasker, but I figured I’d find at least one enthusiastic amateur, but not to be! Perhaps people think I didn’t offer enough?

My friend made, what I consider to be, an interesting observation: this isn’t a cheap hobby so “enthusiastic amateurs” probably don’t need $100 or have better ways of earning it.

I’ll post again at some point. A local shop dies offers courses, but you need to get ten people together (whilst I have a group who would be interested it’s like herding cats). And I do hope to join a club at some point.

Until then I’ll make do with the YouTube videos!

Thanks again for the advice.