View Single Post
Old 06-30-21, 06:01 AM
SapInMyBlood
Enthusiastic Sufferer

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Roubaix, 2014 Salsa Fargo, 2013 Trek Remedy, 2014 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 107 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Congrats. 20:45 for 600K brevet is record time in the USA, unless you are in a velomobile. I did one in 23:XX completely solo with a mechanical. I had researched times and IIRC, around 22:15 was the fastest I found for upright riders working together. If you did that 29 k/hr 600K brevet solo, you would very easily be able to finish with Les Premieres at PBP for instance. In other words, few randos are as fast as you but you probably know that.

There is no question speed is nice, makes it easy to have options. What some fail to recognize is there is nothing slower than being stopped. There are many ways to reduce time, few have the luxury of going so fast.

Do you ride with aero bars? What kind of kit? Any details on your bike?

I used go ride a Felt AR1 with Zipp 404 wheels, Assos T Centos, Assos S7 jersey, Assos warmers, and my reflective Gillet is from Gore. The Gilet breaths pretty well but more importantly is much more aerodynamic than the standard ones (and yes, I measure the CdA effects)
29k moving average I still don't have my bike fit dialed enough to allow for continuous riding. Between an enjoyable 6 hour sleep, lots of yummy snacks along the way, and luxurious rest stops with lengthy chats and discussions, I came in at about 34 hours for the 600k. That was my first ever audax ride so I was making the most of it.

I'm impressed by your times! That is some solid riding. IIRC the world record 24 hour outdoor ride at the moment stands just a little over 900km.

I'm riding a Specialized Roubaix with aerobars and some custom 55/65 carbon wheels with a dynamo in the front.
Likes For SapInMyBlood: