Old 11-05-21, 07:45 AM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,179 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
It's the software you are using to control the trainer that knows your weight. So if it is simulating say a 10% slope, the software tells the trainer what resistance that equates to for the input rider weight. The heavier the rider, the more resistance power the trainer has to generate to simulate that 10% slope. Looking at it from the rider's perspective, the heavier rider has to output more power than a lighter rider for a given speed on a slope.
you know this for sure? i wrote a PC based application to control my Kicker (simple intervals and grade simulation) and there is no rider or bike weight that can be sent down to the trainer. the trainer follows the FE-C spec and those are not two parameters used for grade simulation. the only thing used for grade simulation is grade.

i know zwift takes in a rider's weight but i assumed that was strictly for a W/Kg calculation. also, zwift has that feathre called trainer difficulty that alters realism, i suppose they might take weight into consideration too to further hose things up.

i guess it depends on the SW used so i really shouldn't single out zwift.