View Single Post
Old 01-05-22, 10:43 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 724 Posts
Originally Posted by DorkDisk
I made a winter all-rounder with a 94 21" frame. Rides nice.

Perfect looking. I had one of those bikes way back when and sold it far too cheaply, always liked the paint job.

Originally Posted by Jeff Neese
Seems like the shifters are the least of your worries. I'm thinking collarbones, wrists, etc. I'm too old for that s*t. Plus I don't have any bikes that I'm willing to bash up.
Once cased a jump on mine trying to hop a log, had the log been 8" high instead of 10" I'd have probably made it, but it wasn't. The result was a bruise on each thigh the size of a bread plate for well over a week and a new set of handlebars. Thankfully there wasn't a bar end to impale myself on. Nothing else other than my dignity or pride was damaged.
hi

My own version after a very fun time, don't have any clean pics of it. I had an old set of 8sp rsx shifters, so paired with an old 8sp XT rear der, old 9sp LX front der with the stock crank. Also kept the stock brakes and found an old 26" wheelset which are becoming kinda cheap to buy used as the size is being abandoned.

Last edited by cb400bill; 01-06-22 at 03:49 PM.