Shay Howe 
2 speed- slow and slower

Bikes: Gravity X-Rod 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by HTupolev
What is she doing besides riding? Typically if somebody wants to lose weight, eating patterns and/or diet need to be at the core of the strategy. This is because, if someone let's their body regulate its own food consumption, it will naturally try to compensate for calories burned by being hungrier more.
Absolutely. I'm on an organ transplant list, and have spent the last 3 years with a strict weight limit (221 pounds is the line- 221.5 and they'll weigh me and send me home with no chance of surgery) and I've found that I can slip up by very little- half a sandwich, say- and notice the gain over the next 24-36 hours with my required monitoring. Simply "eating when hungry" quickly became my bane and I had to discipline myself to regulate what's enough to keep me nourished without eating to (even the slightest bit of) excess. Not saying I've got to walk around hungry all the time, but once one begins paying attention it quickly becomes apparent how much habit eating one does that can be eliminated to good effect.

Of course I'd say that what kind of riding and how much also figures in. A leisurely turn around the block at a nice casual pace versus running a fitness monitor to stay at aerobic exercise levels to maximize energy usage would also likely produce different effects on the amount of calories expended.