View Single Post
Old 07-12-21, 05:38 PM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 546 Posts
Looking for a tent; suggestions?

my buddy and i are planning an overnight kayak adventure and i need a good tent. waterproof...i mean reliably waterproof!!...is foremost. roomy would be next. something big enough for three people and modest amount of gear. in/out access on both sides would be great, but not a must. a vestibule of any size would also be really nice, but not a must. simple to set up, lightweight and reasonably compact a must, but nothing minimalist. below $150 is a must.

i should add i won't be going to local suppliers as i already know i can't afford that. probably ebay or some online supplier having a blowout sale or something.

if you have suggestions, if you'd briefly offer pros and cons...ie. the zippers suck or the windows are nice and big....i'd certainly appreciate it. thanks in advance!

ps. doesn't have to be high end stuff...like agnes, mtn hardwear, etc. not opposed to that, but even a coleman or hillary would do the job