Old 01-09-22, 06:24 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by BikePower
Thats cool! Its still a 1 minute race that is largely aerobic, local muscular endurance based. A 10 second sprint on the other hand is anaerobic, explosive fast twitch muscle and all power like 100m sprinting in track. I think there should be a place for sprinters in biking. I can envision a friday night gathering where people bring their bikes and try to beat the best 100m time which goes on the board for all to see. Then have different classes for kinds of bikes like bmx bikes, mountain bikes, road bikes, track bikes, and the open class where any kind of bike can compete. So i dont know how far you can travel in 10 seconds from a dead stop but whatever that distance is it could be the name of the event. If its 100m or 200m I dont know Ive never tried. Friday night bike sprints. Then people could talk about gears and physics, bike weights, crank length, shifters, fixed vs variable and the proof will be on Friday nights. Well maybe years ago a wholesome activity like that would have been fun on Fridays but nowadays maybe its too hard. and yes that 1k is excruciating.
My guess is that, if you were to go beyond idle musing, you'd quickly find practical reasons for the absence. Or are you assuming that you've had a unique thought that hasn't occurred to anyone in the hundred plus years of bicycle racing?