Old 01-21-23, 03:21 PM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
Can my Endurance bike replace my gravel bike?

I'm fortunate enough to have a first world problem. During 2016 and 2018 I acquired a pro-level road bike with 700x25 tires, a serious disc-brake gravel bike that can fit 700x40 tires and a disc-brake Endurance bike that can fit all 700x32 tires and some 700x33 tires.

I need to cull the herd. When I purchased the Raleigh Roker gravel bike, I was completing serious Gravel rides in the Ozarks, including the Cuba gravel crisis. These events required 700x35 tires or larger, due to the soft & unstable round, river-bed gravel that was often rutted by vehicles.

I now live along the Illinois/Wisconsin border and only ride firm gravel paths. I still like the control and stability of the gravel bike, but the Endurace bike on 700x32 slicks seems to be sufficient for the gravel rails-to-trails I'm currently riding.

Will I regret not having a serious gravel bike with larger tires? I might also sell the Endurance bike and have to choose between the road bike or the gravel bike depending on the route, but I’ll have to ride either pavement or gravel but not both on any given day.

Last edited by Barrettscv; 01-21-23 at 03:51 PM.