Old 03-11-23, 11:05 AM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
My trike wasn't high-end but I'd never even ridden a trike at all and ordered online. You have to either accept that if you aren't happy you will sell it for some loss or, if they have a return policy, you will eat shipping probably both ways. If you aren't okay with that, then I wouldn't do it. Depending on how far the dealers are - calculate the costs of each of these expenses. Maybe it's worth it to take a road trip, lol. Follow up service, other than maybe shipping a part, is not going to exist if you can't take the trike back to the dealer. So if. you aren't mechanically inclined, you might have some added expense at your lbs making corrections or swapping parts if necessary. That said, even on my inexpensive trike, there were zero part issues, I assembled it and it went together perfectly. That's something to ask about btw - do they ship fully assembled on a truck or mostly assembled via FedEx (mine came that way, I had to install the front wheels and a few other smaller parts, set boom length and shorten the chain). In any case, I would definitely read all the fine print on the dealer's website and warranty page.
Likes For linberl: