View Single Post
Old 03-20-23, 04:38 AM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4390 Post(s)
Liked 3,016 Times in 1,865 Posts
Originally Posted by GrainBrain
Yes Ganna's one of those guys, like Politt going on a flyer or Campaenaerts who has such power and control yet rarely gets the results that probably reflect their work and ability. That's why we have teams I guess. Maybe RVV will be Ganna's chance, I was personally hoping for Roubaix. MSR would almost be perfect for a guy like him, with that surprising sprint and mental endurance. Look at his souplesse in these early races and yesterday - it was wonderful to watch his pedaling. I don't know if I like full coverage of MSR but for sure it just has to stay at ~300km.

Hats off to MvdP, listening to LRCP he was smart, let Wout bridge then just carried that over top and fired his classic 1300 watt shot. Watching him at the cyclocross worlds I should've been aware of his descending skill. Same race bus grandfather one. Just fantastic.

Philipsen and Ewan looked to climb even better then expected! Both are doing the classics, both scheduled for the Tour!!?

I wonder how it would've been if Trentin had sprinted instead of letting the wheel go? I suppose Soren Kraugh (??) would've probably bridged. That was quite the sight to see the elastic snap with Soren Kraugh (right?) letting go also. Gosh darn it I swore though watching Powless have to reconnect.

What the heck happened with Quickstep and Alaphillepe !!?? He probably would've caught MvdP if he had been up there. Team didn't seem to care. Contrast that with Ineos!
Why would Trentin have sprinted? He let the wheel go while Pog went to work, creating the split. This was the right strategy for the team, no? Same for Kraugh.