View Single Post
Old 03-20-23, 07:20 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1250 Post(s)
Liked 753 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by RB1-luvr
if you don't like noise like me, I've found some of the recent ultralight sleep pads can be noisy. On a recent camp trip, my two buds in their neighboring tents with their new setups woke me up multiple times when they were moving around trying to get comfortable. The material of their bags combined with the material of their pads made considerable noise. The old thermorests, Alps, or egg crate pads were quiet.
My Neoair Xlite was really noisy when I slept on it with bare skin in hot weather (too hot to be in the sleeping bag). If I rolled or otherwise peel myself off of it it was quite loud. Wearing a tech tee resolved it enough that my tent mates said it was pretty quiet and no problem. You may be fussier about the sound than them though. I think if you slept on top of your sleeping bag it would also resolve the issue, but when it is really hot I didn't want to sweat on the bag.

Since I started using a bivy I just slept on the bag (and pad) in the bivy to protect the bag when it was really hot.

It is also bad for the pads to get all that sweat, sunscreen, and bug dope on them any way.
Likes For staehpj1: