TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked 764 Times in 431 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Kid
As we say in hiking, "Hike your own Hike." So Zack dress, "strange" for doing distance. You know early cyclist didn't always dress in Bicycle outfits. When did jersey's and things like that start? Early 1900s?? I remember seeing a shot of two early Fixed Gear touring cyclist riding Western France before 1900.
Back in the day, men wore suits when they rode bicycles. I used to commute to work on a Schwinn 3-speed wearing a full suit and dress shoes, but the ride was just 3 miles long on flat roads, so I didn't arrive at work all dirty and sweaty. It was the racing cyclists who adopted specialized clothing for bicycles such as wool shorts with chamois linings and rigid shoes with slotted cleats. Now it's common for touring distance cyclists to do the same. When I'm just cruising around my 'hood on my fixed fear, I'll just wear a pair of cutoff jeans with briefs underneath, a t-shirt or tank top and some running shoes or walkable SPD type shoes. But for longer rides I'll definitely break out the lycra and full-on clipless cycling shoes. It's all about comfort and practicality. A saddle sore will definitely ruin a long ride.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me

Last edited by TejanoTrackie; 06-25-22 at 06:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Likes For TejanoTrackie: