View Single Post
Old 10-24-15, 12:12 PM
gbalke

Bikes: (3) 1970's Raleigh Sports, (1) 1968 Robin Hood 3 speed, 1974 Raleigh Grand Prix, 1976 Raleigh Grand Prix, 1969 Peugeot UO-18, 1971 Peugeot UO-08, 1980 Giant road bike, 1954 Humber, 1940ish Hercules Popular, 1963 Dunelt, 2007 Trek 3700 mountain bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JanMM
Looks as if the OP bought a trike for his wife four years ago but I don't see a recumbent in his list of current bikes. Still looking? (This Zombie Thread has been asleep four years.)
I'm here, I'm here. Saw the thread had been resurrected, so time for an update. Home built trike I bought for the wife was given to my son. I did buy a Path, from mobilemiall. Great deal as he installed a Patterson drive up front. Trike is generally used on bike paths, paved as well as compacted limestone as with the Katy Trail.

Thinking of adding some type of electric assist, just not sure which one. Looking at either a Ridekick trailer or a self contained hub motor. The Ridekick is less expensive at around $700 and I can use it on my trike or any one of my vintage British bicycles. The two hub motors are $1,000 plus and will need to be permanently installed on the trike, so I loose some flexibility as far as what I choose to ride.

I also need to check out that Chinese E trike Brickguy mentioned. At $1,500, I could buy that and keep the Path for my wife.