View Single Post
Old 08-20-21, 06:02 PM
Prowler 

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,063 Times in 407 Posts
I'm not one of em that gets to ride through great scenery all the time, like many of you. Most of my riding is just for cardio and some peace and quiet. We have a lot of trails that have keep me away from cars and trucks and in a lot of shade but many just follow extinct or still active railroad beds, some through parts of towns that were not considered elite neighborhoods. Those are changing slowly but thats life. This ride was right after a thing called Fred climbed through central Pennsylvania. I was on the eastern edge so not much damage but lots of rain so lots of run off - mud, water, gravel, stones, rocks, junk. It'll get cleaned up but I had to watch myself. I decided to take the Mule as it had been a while since we rolled together. Very nice bike, even when not loaded for touring. Simple shot along the SRT with an active rail line there thru the bushes. A good day and good cardio.

BTW, that front rack was on its way to the furnace when I grabbed it as I have the time and talent to fix things. Sturdy and it has worked nicely. Now that I also have front panniers I'm looking forward to another tour. Erie Canal? Hmmm.
Likes For Prowler: