Old 11-01-19, 06:32 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by pierrej
Not familiar with the felt system but the argon has a false steerertube topcap equivalent for regular stem/bars, that's if riders aren't using any printed ti goodies
You can use a standard fork with a TK1 or TK FRD, provided that you have the correct 40mm offset. Actually the TK1 uses that standard fork option to keep costs low and the TK FRD has the more expensive bayonet system.

It's always been like that since the first generation. Michael Blatchford used a TK1 with a standard fork and stem in the 2008 Olympics. My guess is because the bayonet system had more play than he wanted.

The TK1/TKFRD is simply a Felt DA modified for the track. The DA is a dedicated TT bike.

Same goes for the LOOK 496.

I think the BT Stealth was the last (available to the public) sprint bike that was built from the ground up to be a sprint bike. Every other sprint bike was simply a TT bike with drop bars installed. Hand-me-down tech.

Team GB and FES had some dedicated bikes, but those were unobtainable. Felt also has an unobtainable bike...but it's a TT bike, hahahaha

Sprinters will just have to suffer with hand-me-downs, again.