Old 06-28-20, 03:30 PM
wktmeow

Bikes: CAAD 10

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
2.5 hour endurance ride via Camp Pendleton and San Clemente. Today, was not my day. It started with me accidentally putting my Garmin into the screen / battery save mode such that the screen would only stay on for 10 seconds and then go dark. If I touched the screen, it came back on.

After a couple of attempts to find the command to return the function off, I momentarily gave up since my wife was griping about me slowing her down.

If there was ever a time to have a mask on it was for this ride. A bee flies into my mouth and before I could spit him out stings me on the inside of my upper lip. Yikes. It hurt a lot. We stop and my wife has to flail around in my mouth with her fingers trying to get the stinger out. She is successful but it still hurts like hell.

She said maybe you should go back to the car. She is now concerned that the bee sting may impact the speed of the ride. Just get on your TT bike and hit it. I will be fine.

After the sting, I found the command to restore my Garmin and all was good but for a sore and slightly swollen mouth. I had solid numbers. Bee venom = good.
Did I see you two near Torrey Pines? I was in a group of 4 heading down the hill towards bird rock coffee from the coast