View Single Post
Old 07-21-21, 10:05 AM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 118 Posts
Also check you tire pressure and make sure it is in a good range for your weight, rim width, etc. Stay off the saddle. Make sure your front wheel has some weight on it but don't hold it like a vise. Some times on really fast turns I weight the outside pedal and I feel it is mostly to keep the weight distribution stable as opposed to pedaling through the turn. I am usually the fastest descender in my groups (unless a real racer joins up who can pedal harder on the straights...then I just chase and it is even more fun) and I use a lot of my mountain biking techniques. I find that you want to keep the front somewhat light on fast DH runs but keep it weighted a bit on turns for sure. I'm rarely actually sitting heavy on the saddle and constantly touching/hovering over it even when coasting DH at 45-50 and not pedaling. YES, stop stiffening and locking out your arms. Keep them firm for control and bent slightly. Keep the weight back for the fast downhills but keep those hands secure and elbows slightly bent always. When not pedaling, I often keep my leading foot just above parallel to the ground to act as a stopping spring to prevent me from going forward if I hit a bump unexpectedly. Try one technique at a time and practice, if you cannot think of them all at once. I also scan the road in front- 30-50 feet ahead constantly, to look for debris, deer, whatever.
Likes For Chandne: