View Single Post
Old 12-26-21, 10:27 AM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
these Men's Firecamp™ Boots came in. took them for a cold nature walk, trial run

what I like about them
  • waterproof
  • insulated
  • very light
  • price
  • comfortable walking
  • sizing as expected
tried them w/ thin toe warmers & 1 pair work socks, seemed fine. I think there's room enough to tape a hand warmer too. the color wasn't my first choice, but I can work w/ it

I'm like a 12 1/2 (US) but all my regular shoes are 13. my killer winter boots are 14. those must have 2 sets of socks & I normally use them on the coldest days w/ toe or hand warmers. anyway the sizing on the 13s on these new boots is consistent w/ my other shoes the same size. I could use a set at 14 w/ double socks on the worst days but I already have boots for that, so I'll hold off

looking forward to trying them on a bike very soon
Well, but how about their performance on ice? The majority of winter shoes and boots in the market have been failing, though situation gradually begins to edge up thanks to the systematic testing with the results declared on the Canadian Rate My Treads site. There was also recently a CBC Marketplace program on that testing. I exclusively use boots with Vibram Arctic Grips soles in winter now and I started even using shoes with such soles in travel during other seasons as they are great for hiking on slippery rocks.