View Single Post
Old 01-22-22, 11:04 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
Continuing to play with this a bit this morning before I get serious on it. On sorta silly question for the smart ones here. I've never had a frame with an extended seat tube like this one. To get my normal saddle height the max line on this seatpost is about 3/4" below the top of the extended seat tube. I assume this is safe?

Max level on the seatpost is below the clamping assembly.

With this saddle/seatpost combo right now I can get the right height but the setback is about 3/4" forward of my norm. May not be a bad thing on this bike. With the saddle where it is right now the saddle to handlebar reach turned out to be spot on.

Also, with the bike set back upright the tire clearance on the front is not quite as tight as it seemed at first with the Dura Ace wheels. The Dura Arc/Open Pro rear has plenty of room. What surprised me was that the Kyserium with new Velofles Corsa Race 700 x 25 tires had even less clearance on the front. The older version of Veloflex tires always seemed to come in smaller than the Conti 4000s II but of course it could be a difference in the rims.

Last edited by jamesdak; 01-22-22 at 11:08 AM.