View Single Post
Old 01-22-23, 09:57 PM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked 787 Times in 415 Posts
I’ll be 62 in Feb, I had torn rotator cuff surgery 8-9 years ago. Of course your surgery wasn’t really planned I guess. But, what I always tell people preparing for it…if it’s the shoulder for the hand/arm you wipe your a$$ with…start practicing wiping with the other hand. As far as recovery and PT…do what the PTs and doc tell you. A don’t do anything to over do it. I felt like PT was torture in POW camp. But I did as much of the ‘at home’ exercises they suggested and allowed. No more. In the end, they said I recovered a lot quicker than other RC tears they’d seen. I mean I’m a runner too. I asked if I could jog on a treadmill while recovering if I held onto the handrails. The doctor said “One hundred percent NO!” Not because you might fall, and can’t break the fall with your hand. But because when you jog your arm will very slightly bounce up and down. It’s not much, but it’s enough to cause micro-tears in the healed tissue. It makes long term recovery much less effective. Of course you’ve probably already experienced the difficulty with sleeping during recovery. Hopefully you have a good recliner you can sleep in. Hope you’re feeling better, and good luck with PT and recovery.

Dan
Likes For _ForceD_: