Old 10-01-20, 07:56 AM
Daniel S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
I've taken 35s and 38s (both Schwalbe G-Ones, very good tires) out on the group road ride (on short notice when I've had problems with the road bike or road wheelset). They're pigs in that setting. At steady speeds they rolled just fine, so paceline situations were no problem. Accelerating out of corners or even up little kickers was a noticeably different, and not in a good way, even though I'm of the sprinter-type and can usually close a gap in my group pretty easily. If your group is pretty steady in pace, maybe you'll happy with them. If your group is spirited and has frequent surges, you're probably not going to like them, unless you're too strong for your group and you need to spice things up because you're bored out of your mind.
thanks. I think I’ll try some Continental GP5000 32mm on my gravel bike first and see if I can keep With my road group. I have 28mm GP5000 on my road bike, so I will be comparing apples to bigger apples at least.
my situation is that it’s getting close to Being time to replace my road bike, but I recently got this shiny titanium “gravel” bike. My gravel bike leans towards a road geometry....so, if I could keep up on 32mm slicks on my gravel bike, maybe I don’t need a new road bike.