View Single Post
Old 06-30-21, 06:41 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by SapInMyBlood
29k moving average I still don't have my bike fit dialed enough to allow for continuous riding. Between an enjoyable 6 hour sleep, lots of yummy snacks along the way, and luxurious rest stops with lengthy chats and discussions, I came in at about 34 hours for the 600k. That was my first ever audax ride so I was making the most of it.

I'm impressed by your times! That is some solid riding. IIRC the world record 24 hour outdoor ride at the moment stands just a little over 900km.

I'm riding a Specialized Roubaix with aerobars and some custom 55/65 carbon wheels with a dynamo in the front.
brev
Very nice.

I don't think I have a picture of mine. I used a small handlebar bag, a revelate gas tank bag just behind the stem, two water bottles on down and seat tubes, and two bottles behind the rear seat where I would also keep tubes and repair stuff, it is a triathelon type attachment with small storage area. i Four bottles gets me thru 220k. Food and quick access small stuff into the gas tank bag. Rain jacket, arm/leg warmers, neck gaitor, brevet card, extra fuel, etc. into the handlebar bag. More than sufficient in warm conditions but a little tight in colder climates like Brittany, which is why using the Loudiac drop point makes sense, especially on the return when you body is weak and probably needs a nice merino wool LS jersey. I recently bought a YAK "wool" cycling jersey that I can't wait to try in cold weather. In longer and colder climates, I swapped the smaller Ortlieb for a Revelate Versacia seat bag (monster big).