View Single Post
Old 06-09-19, 08:56 AM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut (retired), Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo, Cannondale, 84 & 93 Stumpjumpers, Waterford, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, Serotta, Serotta Duette, was gifted a Diamond Back

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 2,038 Times in 604 Posts
My wife had been harping on that our health is the only thing that we had going for us as we get older. I had told my self that when I retired that I would start taking better care of myself. I normally rode around 2000 miles a year. I retired last year and rode 7000 miles. I am a diabetic, was taking very large dosages of insulin, since I increased my riding goals my insulin dosages have been reduced by over 50%. My last physical has been better, but I told the doctor that I would try to reduce the amount of red meat that I have been eating. I probably won't ride 7000 miles this year but should be over 6000 miles.

Recently, I have been taking my aging mother to the doctor and have found out that she has heart problems, vascular problems among other things. My brother has had two heart attacks and the second one resulted in a quadruple bypass. I don't want these problems for myself.

As for weight loss I didn't think that I was really losing any weight but I found out at my last physical that I am now 20 lbs lighter. I blame some of that on the flu earlier this year.

Last edited by cyclist2000; 06-09-19 at 09:24 AM.