Old 06-19-20, 02:59 PM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by AlanK
I don't know much about the RadWagon specifically, but he's worked on many other Rad bikes. Many of his customers bought their Rad bikes in Seattle and since Rad won't fix them they bring them to him.

Rad bikes are only a little more expensive than comparable standard bikes. That in and of itself is highly suspect. To get the price that low they probably need to cut-corners. Any prospective buyer should understand what maintenance entails and if their LBS can fix them before buying one.
Points well taken however we need to remember that Rad Power is a "direct to consumer" sales model. They don't sell wholesale to bike shops which would then raise prices to those levels that maybe you might feel that it is no longer "suspect". The bikes are so affordable not because they use "cheap parts" but because of this business model and by-passing any middlemen.

Truthfully, if someone is completely alien to performing the most basic bike assembly and maintenance, then they have two options. If they buy a Rad Power bike, they can take it to a bike shop to have it assembled and for any subsequent maintenance and repairs, or they can simply buy another brand that is sold by a bike shop and be willing to shell out the higher prices. I have no problem in recognizing that the second option may be the best for many people. Oh, and I just remembered that Rad Power does have a partnership with Velofix which can assemble and deliver the bike to the buyer.

And one last thing, if I am not mistaken, anything that is defective or broken at the time the bike was received is replaced by simply contacting customer service.

I know this post sounds like a plug for Rad but I assure you that I have zero connections to them. I just happen to like their mission and product line. I might actually never wind up buying a bike from them but it wouldn't be because I felt they sold inferior products.