Old 03-28-21, 01:39 PM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1639 Post(s)
Liked 829 Times in 538 Posts
Going through a "phase" myself.
Just yesterday, I gave my younger brother my NOS, BSC threaded, Stronglight 106 crankset with NOS Spidel 700 pedals and NOS aluminum Christophe toe clips for a Gitane build he is doing. These were hard to find (in NOS condition) components I had been saving for the next "Tout French" build that might come up, but I figured he needs them more than I do.
A few years ago, I wouldn't have even considered giving them away, but I'm at the point of my C&V journey that I'm pretty much satisfied with what I already have.
It felt really good helping out another C&Ver with his build, especially as it is my brother that shared my passion for cycling when we were both in college in the 80's. I added in a close to mint Ofmega Mistral crankset and Modolo Speedy calipers in the box I handed him yesterday to use on some of his bikes where he had to compromise using cranksets and brakesets that did not really "fit" the bikes. I'm also throwing in an NOS A9 headset for his build, as soon as he confirms that his steerer tube has English threading.
I might have thought I might be going crazy if I did this a few years ago, considering the time and effort that went into finding and aquiring these components, but I guess I've proven to myself that there's hope that I can land my C&V hobby to a saner, more "human" state as I get towards the end of it.
84 Peugeot PY10FC
84 Gitane Tour de France.
85 Vitus Plus Carbone 7
86 ALAN Record Carbonio
86 Medici Aerodynamic (Project)
88 Pinarello Montello
89 Bottecchia Professional Chorus SL
95 Trek 5500 OCLV (Project)
Likes For Chombi1: