Old 03-28-21, 06:35 PM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1639 Post(s)
Liked 829 Times in 538 Posts
I have a Trek OCLV 5500 in kind of a limbo state of build right now. It was kind of an "thinking out of the box" project I took on, because its 90's vintage is out of my C&V era range, never mind the requirement for alien to me things, like ergo bend bars and brifters/indexed shifting on it. I got the bike to close to 50% complete, with just the handlebars and correct DA drivetrain needed...... But dang, I just couldn't get myself to put in the effort to find and aquire the DA group for the bike to complete it.
Some health related issues (Which did include some sight problems) did not help, but combine that with having to look for a new job twice because of the COVID pandemic slowdown, the related loss of income and the general depressing state that all came with it, I just don't know when I'd be ready again to stand in front of my bike stand and start wrenching on it and other pending projects again.....
My brother did give me some very encouraging comments when he saw the Trek hanging on my stand during his visit to me yesterday. Maybe I just need to do some more C&V bike discussions with him to finally get me off my keester.....

Last edited by Chombi1; 03-28-21 at 08:37 PM.
Likes For Chombi1: