Old 06-26-21, 11:23 AM
elcruxio

Bikes: 2011 Specialized crux comp, 2013 Specialized Rockhopper Pro

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 223 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse
Noseless is also a design that tends to favor a single seated position, which is not ideal. A rider should change saddle positions often.
Even though I don't really agree that noseless saddles push one into a single seating position, I also don't really see a problem with having just one. Hammock shape saddles do that to a stronger degree that has been ok for me for years.

Originally Posted by veganbikes
Maybe for some...have certainly seen some that are a little better but I have seen plenty where you have less control and more pressure on the hands.
seen or tried? sighting a saddle doesn't really tell you anything.

As to the usefulness of the nose, it isn't particularly. It's a bit of a relic from the time of leather saddles and there's no real need for it these days. If one needs it for keeping weight off hands there's a decent chance the nose is compressing soft tissue and thus causing damage.

As to control, I haven't noticed a lack of control with noseless saddles. Takes a bit of getting used to, but after that I'd say the rider is more stable and in control than they were with an ordinary seat.
Likes For elcruxio: