Old 07-09-21, 07:45 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2503 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,569 Posts
"Vista Crits" informal race series last night. Like 6th or so place. There were about 5 other hitters that showed up that finished on the same lap as me, most of the field was two or so laps down by the end. Tough rectangle course with a big ring hill (<20 MPH), 6+ w/kg every lap.

The beginning was just following series of attacks to seed our front group and soften everyone up. At some point before midway, there was a lull at the front and I had some good momentum so I sent it up the outside and got clear. Local masters legend bridges up to me, and we're trading 1 lap pulls, which lasted for about 15 minutes. At some point we were out of sight, which really surprised me given how strong some of the other riders were behind us. They must have not been cooperating very well.

So that didn't last and we all got back together for the final stretches of the race. Lots of attacks, but nothing sticked, including another one by me with 2 laps to go on the hill. That lasted about 1.5 laps, but I got swarmed and passed by the front group with 2 corners to go. I was kinda dying anyway and it would have sucked to have to sprint up the hill to stay ahead after more than a full lap solo, so I was secretly relieved.

Good racing! Sorta my last hurrah b4 I switch to training for my SNV mountaineering trip. I'll continue to do track on Tuesdays while I still have bike fitness for another month or so, but I will be trading some bike workouts for loaded hikes and jogging now.
Likes For TMonk: