View Single Post
Old 07-18-21, 03:04 PM
ntnyln

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 153 Times in 72 Posts
2 years later...A race report! We really haven't had much mass start racing here, I think yesterday was the first crit/circuit race we've had outside of the USA Crit series race down in Arlington. No matter, we have TT's and I love TTing because I can't handle my bike worth a damn. We have a flat, fast 40k TT that is normally held 2x year and today was the first. I won the 45+ last time it was run in 2019, but my times were still just better than average (54:01/27.6 mph.) I went into this one with a goal to finally break into the 53' range and based on the registrants (there are a couple of guys who have won the 1/2/3's that occasionally race the 45+,) win.

After fretting about high temps and possible thunderstorms, the weather turned out to be perfect for TTing. I was the last in my group to go off and had a lot of carrots. I passed over half the field during the run. I paced almost perfectly thanks to BBS and ended up winning with a 52:59/28.1 mph. The course was super-fast today, and everyone was setting PB's. It felt so good to compete against people again. Zwift racing doesn't do it for me.
Likes For ntnyln: