View Single Post
Old 07-22-21, 07:11 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,374 Times in 3,666 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
I have some kind of disease or sickness. At best it's a strong addiction. I've been into cycling a scant 3 years and I own 12 bikes. I just bought 2 more last week that were super bargains with 9 speed Deore group sets at $100 each. I am currently trying to buy one that just showed up locally for $150. It's a Reynolds 853 Lemond. The thing is that I don't need it. I already have an 853 Lemond in better shape but man, it's only $150. Do I need psychiatric help? I do ride all my bikes fairly often with the exception of 2 that I stripped for parts.
3 years and only 12 bikes? You need to step it up.

You're coming along just fine, in my first 3 years of jumping back in, I probably had at least 25 including several spendy ones that I had always wanted.

Now, it's truly out of hand as it should be, so many bikes, so little time.

I do have many of the ones I always wanted so I have pumped the brakes a tiny bit but still far from done.

I do need to ride more of them more often but as I commute, I get one set up just right and stick with it for the long haul.

Here's the current ride for about 3 years now, fits like a glove and works so well, can't bring myself to get another going for this, the bar is high.

Likes For merziac: