Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,809 Times in 3,317 Posts
Originally Posted by jskash
Thank for the reply. My typical ride is 2 hours, but I could cut it down to 90 minutes. Mind you, I don't ride very fast. 12 mph on a good day on my Specialized Sirrus 6.

Kaiser does not have an option to not get anesthesia. I actually would like to see what the doctor is seeing.
If a two hour ride is your typical ride, then my <90 minute isn't really a magic number. It's just what my typical ride is during the week. Though if your typical ride is only one ride per week, then maybe it would be a good idea to cut back the time some.

Is this your first colonoscopy? The only really bad part is drinking the prep stuff. And if you do anesthesia, then the annoying recovery time. Without anesthesia, I can walk out as soon as they pull the scope out of me and drive myself home. When awake the procedure itself is only a tad uncomfortable from the air or CO2 they inflate your intestine with. Using CO2 is a little controversial among the GI doctors here, but since the body is made to rid itself of CO2 as fast a possible it's gone from your gut almost as soon as they pull the scope. Unlike when they use air and you have to stay in recovery until you pass that gas in one huge fart.