View Single Post
Old 07-31-22, 10:01 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,933 Times in 2,558 Posts
Score!

But black makes me shudder. Panniers are the most visible part of a bike by a lot. 1999, I needed new panniers for commuting n Portland. Knew the blue ones I wore out were not helping my traffic survival odds. Learned at Citybikes, a coop I found as soon as I moved here that Ortleibs were the ticket but dark colors were the only option, I said that was a deal breaker, several times. Then an employee told me he'd heard that a shop in Seattle has ordered a special run from Ortleib using their yellow rafting fabric. "Look into it! I want a pair. And I'll tell everyone where I got it." They did. Bought it, told everyone, went to all the shops I knew and showed them off. Now I see them all the time.

Now if I could only get SKS onboard with their road fenders. For those of us who ride the dark, overcast winter country roads like racers have been doing more than a century.