View Single Post
Old 01-18-06, 12:44 PM
Everest

Bikes: Lemond Alpe d'Huez, 03 Gary Fisher Tassjara, Quattro Assi Scandium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well I got the wolber on using your trick Luker except with tightly wraped ellectrical tape instead of a strap, I'm hoping it holds air. As for the other tire with the leak it is a Vittoria Competition Nuovo Pro does anyone no what kind of tube this has according to the above link there are two kinds latex and butyl. If it is latex does anyone have an old latex tube they could cut a few patches from for me? Also will a regular sewing needle be allright or do I absolutely need the rare triangular needle suggested in the article? If the old thread is unusable what kind would reccomend resewing the tire with? Anyone have any tips for finding leaks? With clincher tube I submerge them in water and look for bubbles will this work with a tubular? Should I scrape the old dried glue off the rim or leave it? When I deflate and pull up on the front tire the glue begins to sepereate should I reglue this tire? When I glue the tires do I apply glue to the entire surface of the base tape and rim or just the edges? Any other tips of the trade you can offer a total novice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Last edited by Everest; 01-18-06 at 01:14 PM.