View Single Post
Old 08-08-20, 01:35 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3231 Post(s)
Liked 2,079 Times in 1,177 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueStingray
One question though: is there any way to force the navigation to emphasize/choose bike routes? On my way to the aforementioned restaurant,
Not when asking the device itself to create the route. Or at least I've never seen this. At best, the device will query the Garmin Popularity Routing (or whatever they now call it), to determine if others have cycled a particular route, it would then base it's route partly on that.

Bottom line is the units are not that smart at generating a course you might like. In theory, you can drag out your smartphone, open the Garmin Connect Mobile app, go to Training-Courses-Road Cycling-Custom and draw you're own route, then save it, sync it to the device than navigate that route. I generally and have never used the on-device navigation system, not trusting it to make smart decisions as to where I want to go. I pretty much use a RideWithGPS created route that I create online and download to the device prior to starting.