View Single Post
Old 11-05-20, 04:23 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 442 Times in 315 Posts
I have read recent article in Road Bike Action about modern assumptions about saddle design and saddle tilt. The stubby saddle trend which started more with triathaletes has now found quite a few proponents among regular road riders as well. Same with (slight) downward tilt. Road Bike Review talked about the saddle to bar drop and acted like a slight downward slope can in some instances be more comfortable when seeking to maintain the most aero position and when one rides the drops more.

The white fixie (photo # 2) reminds me of the type of photos you see when looking for used bikes on Craig's list. It looks like the person who set that seatpost and saddle up had no clue at all about what they were doing

I have developed a painful nodule in my perineum that causes me to rotate my pelvis all kinds of ways to relieve the discomfort while riding my favorite saddle - a Selle Italia Turbomatic Team Carbon. I have always kept the saddle flat. This practice always worked in the past but I’m beginning to realize that my 58 year old body might need a very slight downward tilt with more ab work and longer pulls in the drops along with standing climbing intervals just to keep all the pressure points decompressed.

Last edited by masi61; 11-05-20 at 04:55 PM.
Likes For masi61: