Old 07-01-21, 04:18 AM
Jax Rhapsody
Rhapsodic Laviathan

Bikes: Rideable; 83 Schwinn High Sierra. Two cruiser, bmx bike, one other mtb, three road frames, one citybike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 91 Posts
Originally Posted by pgjackson
Yeah, I was shocked by the prices of the few bikes my local shop had. Same for most luxury recreation items right now. I bought a new Seadoo jetski last year and prices are through the roof. Dealerships can pretty much ask what they want and they aren't negotiating. If you don't like the price, the next guy will. I'm on a waiting list for another Seadoo (my wife decided she wants her own). You can't find them at the dealerships anymore. All sold out pretty much across the country. If you see one at a dealership, it is likely already sold. Used ones are going for almost new prices.

My buddy bought two new Yamaha Waverunners recently. Used them a few times and decided he wanted a boat instead. The boat dealership on the other side of town literally gave him what he paid. He didn't lose a penny. Took the money and bought the one and only boat available on the lot. This is a big-time boat dealership that typically has dozens of boats available. They only had one for sale. And it was only available because the guy who was originally supposed to buy it backed out earlier in the day. My friend just happened to walk in the moment it became available. Again, price was not negotiable.

The market for pretty much anything is crazy.
Capitalism and greed is awesome... as long as your selling.