View Single Post
Old 07-12-21, 07:49 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by BrazAd
Anyone else share the frustration of buying online where you can't touch them or try them on first?
It can be frustrating at times, but I mostly enjoy buying online because it opens up so many options.

I try to buy locally when its in stock and similar price to online.
But I end up buying a majority of my cycling gear(for me and bike) online.

- I wear size 14 shoes so I buy online. Buy a few pairs and return what doesnt fit/you dont like.
- Last fall and winter I went thru a helmet buying frenzy and ended up with probably a dozen different mid-high end helmets because I am super picky. Just kept ordering and returning them until I got what I liked. I checked local shops first and they had models and/or colors I didnt want.
- All my clothing is purchased online. If I want a screaming yellow jersey, Ill buy it at a local shop. But since that is atrocious, I buy online. So many options and returns are cheap(free or maybe $8) if I dont like the fit/cut).

I think jerseys are the most difficult to buy online since cut(race or club) is so varied depending on brand and some seem to have their sizing numbers based in anything but reality. Usually it just requires a return and different size so it takes a week or so and I have what I want instead of buying the same screaming yellow bontrager jersey as so many others.